What are superfoods? And what makes them super? Learn more about why organic coconut oil is on this valuable list. A doctor’s guide to superfoods, why they are important and what they mean to your body and your health…..
The article below has been published by Dr. Bart Precourt on his website www.bartprecourt.com. In his own words Dr Bart describes himself as “a Doctor of Chiropractic, an Acupuncturist, and a nutritional consultant. An everyday guy who likes to enjoy life, stay healthy, and at times explore the boundaries of what the human body is capable of“. His articles are a great read and we highly recommend you check out his website and if you are in the North West Florida region then his practice too! His philosophy is to bring health through lifestyle.
“By incorporating nutrition, chiropractic, acupuncture, yoga, and exercise, we can enhance our overall well-being. In fact, I would call it a relentless “pursuit of the truth” about health for my patients and anyone who will listen. My philosophy is strongly routed in the fact that we need to be pro-active with our health and lives. Just waiting for something to go wrong isn’t the best time to start taking healthy actions. The cards are stacked up against the uninformed or uneducated about health. Drug companies spend mega-millions every year on advertising and the hypnotizing of the doctors. I’m not saying there are bad people in our health care system; I’m simply saying there is a lot of bad information and mis-informed practitioners”.- Dr. Bart
TOP 10 SUPERFOODS
By Dr. Bart Precourt
“Of course when you think of superfoods, you think of foods rich in antioxidants, full of vitamins, and full of highly absorbable fats and proteins. However for me, when I think “super food”, I’m thinking of foods that feed the needs of my body— foods that are easy to obtain, protect my organ function, give me a clear state of mind, boost metabolism, provide energy, and burn fat. So this is my personal list of “superfoods” which keep me a lean and healthy machine! If you’re going to eat, you might as well eat the foods that serve you the most. My list of top ten of superfoods might be different than traditional superfood lists that you might find on the internet. You won’t have to pick berries from somewhere in Brazil or find an exotic health food store. These are easy to find, and you might even already have them at home. Of course, always choose organic when possible.
- AVOCADO: An excellent source of raw fat. These fats help your body absorb protein better and send messages to your brain that you are satiated (full). Contains fiber, vit E, complex B vitamins and folic acid. Avocados will help balance your appetite as well as any food out there. Great with everything, makes smoothies nice and smooth.
- KALE: A cruciferous, leafy green vegetable. High in antioxidants that protect your cells against cancer. Great source of fiber, and rich in vitamins and nutrients including vit A, C, Iron, Calcium, and chlorophyll. Beneficial for immune system, stomach, and liver function. Enjoy as a salad or in a smoothie.
- COCONUT OIL: Organic of course. Contains “lauric acid,” a fat rarely found in nature. This miracle fat has anti-viral and anti-bacterial effects. Powerful source of instant energy as a result of supporting thyroid function. Supports immune system, promotes metabolism and heart health. Use it as a substitute for oil and butter, or rub it all over your body. This stuff has healing potential.
- WILD-CAUGHT SALMON: Another great source of naturally occurring fats and protein. Its best value is for its Omega-3’s. These help your body naturally fight inflammation. (Be sure it’s wild-caught Alaskan salmon). Doesn’t take much to be satisfied.
- ORGANIC EGGS: Yet another great source of fats and protein together! One of the highest quality proteins available. Maybe the perfect meal. Great natural source of the complex B-vitamins and B-12. Aids in brain function, metabolism, and muscle repair. Perfect for the peeps trying to lean down.
- WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE: Considered the gold standard of protein. Must be a non-denatured form from grass fed cows, free of hormones and chemicals. Helps regulate insulin levels and metabolism. Supports immune system, preserves lean muscle tissue, and promotes fat burning… what else do you want? Start your morning with protein to wake up your metabolism (we have a great source available at Balance Health Studio).
- BLUEBERRIES: Tons of antioxidants, packed with vitamins, phytonutrients, and fiber. Benefits the nervous system and even memory. Low on the glycemic index. Aids in anti-aging and skin health by preventing cell damage. Great on salads and in smoothies.
- GARLIC: Not only does garlic make everything taste good… it helps almost everything! Anti-bacterial, antiviral, reduces blood pressure, protects the heart, reduces cholesterol, and has anti-inflammatory properties that regulate the formation of fat cells! Eat some, and then eat some more.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: This is probably the least known of my top 10 list, yet it’s a gem. Helps digestion, alleviates cold symptoms, fights diabetes, indigestion, heartburn, and even cures hiccups. Prevents lactic acid build up and wards off the feeling of being tired. Check out “Bart’s Blaster” here on the site for my secret drink formula to boost energy and burn fat.
- CINNAMON: Another gem. Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar levels, which means it balances your mood and cravings for carbs. Contains natural anti-infectious compounds. Reduces pain linked to arthritis and lowers LDL cholesterol. A great source of antioxidants, and strengthens memory. Sure does make smoothies yummy too.
As with all nutrition and food choices, make decisions that align with what you want in life. Use foods that support your health goals. I gladly provide nutritional consultations to help you meet those goals. Weight loss, fatigue, hormone issues, stress, poor sleep and digestive challenges are all common reasons people seek nutritional assistance. Contact Balance Health Studio 850-231-9288 to make an appointment.
Make yourself into a lean and healthy machine!
Dr. Bart Precourt”
Here at Organic Fiji we recommend our ’13oz. Nutritional Coconut Oil’ to start introducing this beneficial superfood into your diet today. We also have lots of creative and delicious recipe and snack ideas for you to get started. As Dr. Bart recommends, it is best to buy organic coconut oil, it is important to get the highest grade available so that the oil retains all its natural goodness. Organic Fiji’s coconut oil is 100% USDA certified organic, cold pressed, raw coconut oil. It comes from a private reserve plantation that is dedicated to keeping the Earth it grows from pure and clean. You can learn more about our plantation. The cold pressed method we use is crucial to keeping the molecular structure of the oil in its natural state, keeping it as the Earth intended. You can learn more about how we cold press our coconut oil and why it is extremely important that the oil you consume is not extracted with heat by clicking here.
We do not test on animals and are against animal cruelty. You can also be sure that our products are vegan, gluten free & certified kosher too. Bring a gift from the Earth to your kitchen!
Get some superfoods in your diet to make a superYOU today!