A natural solution for beautiful brows
Ever wondered how to use coconut oil on eyebrows? Friends don’t let friends have bad brows, so explore coconut oil’s multi-tasking capabilities with us, as well as a step-by-step eyebrow tutorial and what coconut oil standards you should be looking for.
5 reasons why you should be using coconut oil on your eyebrows
1. It can condition:
Using coconut oil on your eyebrows can condition the hairs so they are healthy, nourished and glossy.
2. It can shape:
You can use a dash of coconut oil on a Q-tip or an eyebrow brush to shape and define your eyebrows naturally.
3. It can thicken and promote regrowth:
Research suggests that coconut oil can boost hair regrowth by stimulating hair follicles. Like big brows and you cannot lie? Try coconut oil!
4. It can promote anti-aging:
Rub any excess collagen-boosting coconut oil into the area under your eyebrows and around your eyes to promote naturally youthful, supple skin.
5. It is sensitive:
Your eyebrows are located in a sensitive region of your face. The correct standard of coconut oil, without any added chemicals or synthetics, is kind and gentle to vulnerable skin and won’t sting your eyes.
How to use coconut oil on eyebrows - a step by step guide
This quick and easy tutorial that explains how to use coconut oil on eyebrows will help you achieve some natural brow-chicka-wow-wow!
- Perform your evening facial cleansing ritual, making sure your eyebrows and skin surrounding them are free of makeup, dirt or impurities. (Exfoliating at this step would remove dead skin cells and boost product absorption too!).
- Take a Q-Tip or small cotton swab and cover it with a about a pea sized drop of coconut oil. (Learn how to liquefy or solidify your coconut oil here).
- Gently smooth the coconut oil over your eyebrows. Be sure to cover any areas of skin where eyebrows were over plucked if you would like to encourage regrowth in these areas.
- After covering both eyebrows with coconut oil, use the Q-Tip, cotton swab, or your clean finger to massage the coconut oil into the area gently using small circles.
- Rub any excess oil into the skin under your eyebrows and towards the corners of your eyes for an extra boost of plant-powered hydration, healing and anti-aging.
- Repeat daily. (We love this coconut oil hack as an evening ritual before bed on clean skin).
- You can also use an eyebrow brush and an even smaller dash of coconut oil to style and shape your brows too.
Tip – Our favorite vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free and paraben-free eyebrow make up to compliment your new coconut oil brow routine is Chella’s Eyebrow Kit.
What type of coconut oil to use on eyebrows
We have explored how to use coconut oil on eyebrows, but now let’s discuss the type of coconut oil that works the best for your brows.
It is important to explain that not all coconut oil is created equal. The grade of coconut oil you choose directly dictates how well that oil will absorb into the skin and stimulate hair follicles, and how many natural benefits are left in the oil.
When coconut oil is heat-extracted, over processed, bleached and/or mixed with other potentially toxic ingredients, the density of its benefits drastically decreases.
Look for coconut oil that is:
- Certified organic
- Raw and unrefined
- Free of added chemical or synthetic ingredients
- Ethically sourced
Choosing coconut oil infused body products to for your eyebrows, and wellness routines in general, is more than a product choice, it’s an ancient ritual steeped in deep, island history.
Organic Fiji is a female and Pacific Islander owned boutique brand that creates organic body care products, based in California.
Organic Fiji’s artisan products have been USDA Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth since 2007 and are vegan, cruelty-free, eco-friendly and ethically created. You can also be assured that Organic Fiji products are free of GMOs, PEGs, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, harsh ingredients or toxic chemicals.
A brand that believes in product transparency over ‘green-washing’ and are real people on the other end of the phone and email. Click here to contact Organic Fiji.